In the last week, I've seen "mommy bloggers" call other moms:
- "real food elitists"
- "brainless idiots"
- "mindless drones"
- "liberal hacks"
- "conservative crazies"
And those were just comments on a few blogs I read regularly! All were written by women who profess salvation in Christ.
I'm definitely not here to question anyone's salvation - that's between each person and Jesus. However, I am here to question whether or not these negative posts deserve any place on a Christian blog.
Because, friends, these "mommy wars?" They sure aren't Biblical.
Biblically, we're called to:
- Build each other up (1 Thessalonians 5:11)
- Encourage each other (Hebrews 10:25)
- Be kind and compassionate toward each other (Ephesians 4:32)
- Accept each other, as Christ accepted us (Romans 15:7)
- Live in harmony (1 Peter 3:8)
- Love one another (1 John 4:7)
So to all my mommy blogger friends out there - please watch what you type. Pray about your posts before you click "publish." Ask yourself if you'd still post them if Jesus were your editor.
Let's collectively agree to use this space in an effort to reach people for Christ, not drive them away.